As we all know, a Windows 7 password reset disk can help you easily reset forgotten or lost Windows 7 password. Now here I’d like to introduce two kinds of Windows 7 password reset disk, one is created proactively before forgot password and the other is created freshly after forgot password.
Read on to check which kind of Window 7 password reset disk suits you best.
Windows 7 Password Reset Disk Created Proactively
A Windows 7 password reset disk created proactively means that you created it when you still have access to your Windows 7 far more before you forgot your Windows 7 password. You can create on following the easy steps:
1. Insert a floppy disk or USB flash drive into your Windows 7 as the media to create a Windows 7 password reset disk.
Note: Not support CD, DVD, or external hard drive.
2. Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
3. Click on the User Accounts and Family Safety link and then User Accounts link.
4. Click on the Create a password reset disk link on the left pane.
Note: It corresponds to the local administrator account by default.
5. Click Next button in the Forgotten Password Wizard window.
6. Select the removable device name from the pull-down list and click Next button to go on.
7. Enter your current account password and click Next button to go on.
8. When it prompts you that the process is 100% completed, you click Next button.
9. Click Finish button to finish creating the Windows 7 password reset disk.
10. Remove the floppy disk or USB flash drive from your Windows 7 computer and put it away.
Note: If you have already forgotten your Windows 7 password and cannot get in, then you won’t be able to create such a Windows 7 password reset disk.
Windows 7 Password Reset Disk Created Freshly
In view of that the above Windows 7 password reset disk cannot be created when you cannot get in Windows 7, here I introduce the other kind of Windows 7 password reset disk which can make that. Follow the easy steps to create one:
1. Prepare yourself another accessible computer with Internet, which could be your work computer, your brother or sister’s or others’.
2. Search Asunsoft Windows 7 Password Geeker at Google, download and install it on that accessible computer.
5. Click OK when it prompts Burning successfully.
6. Remove the USB flash drive or CD/DVD disk and transfer it to the locked Windows 7 computer to reset forgotten password.
You can find more solutions to reset Windows 7 password without disk below: