I was locked out of Windows 8 because of forgetting password to my only administrator account and hear that there is a built-in administrator account whose password is blank by default. Is that true? Is there really such a default password for Windows 8 administrator account?
The answer is that there is a built-in account for administering but it is disabled and hidden by default. Before you activate it, it has no password. You can set a password for it whenever you activate it.
In this way, if you want to reset your forgotten Windows 8 administrator password via built-in administrator, the premise is that you have activated your built-in administrator account already before you forgot your Windows 8 password.
Activate Windows 8 Built-in Administrator Account
You cannot see the Administrator account from Control Panel and cannot login with it until you activated it. Just in case and for convenience, you can enable and activate it easily as below:
1. Log in your Windows 8.
2. Swipe the mouse cursor to the upper or lower right corner to bring out Charm bar. Click on Search icon, type in cmd in the Search box and press Enter key.
Similarly, you can type the command: net user Administrator /active: no to cancel the activation.
6. Optionally you can type in the command: net user Administrator 123456 and press Enter to set a password for it.
If you are trying to reset or recover forgotten Windows 8 administrator password via Windows 8 default blank administrator but unfortunately you haven’t activate it before, there are many Windows password recovery programs can do you a favor, among which Asunsoft Windows Password Geeker is a most professional and reliable one worth your try. You can reset or recover your Windows 8 password roughly like the followings.
1. Use another accessible computer with Internet to get the full version of Windows Password Geeker Advanced and then install it.
2. Run the installed Windows Password Geeker Advanced to create a bootable Windows 8 password reset disk.
- Choose USB device or CD/DVD.
- Insert a USB flash drive or CD/DVD disk correspondingly and then select it from the pull-down list.
- Click Begin burning button to start burning.
3. Transfer the USB flash drive or CD/DVD disk into your locked Windows 8 computer and set the computer boot from the USB or CD/DVD disk.
- Boot the computer and press Boot Menu key prompted as soon as possible before the start up screen appears to enter Boot Menu.
- Select USB Hard Disk/Removable Devices or CD/DVD-ROM Drive option and press Enter key.
- Select the target user account on your Windows 8 system.
- Click Reset Password button and then click Yes button when a prompt message appears.
- Click Reboot button when you see its password has been reset as Blank. Eject the USB flash drive or CD/DVD disk and then click Yes button to confirm restarting when a prompt message appears.