Windows 8 allows you to share your PC with others, but if they share your computer with the same account, your account would have risk of information leaking, settings changing, files deletion, undesired programs installation and so on. So how you make the best of both worlds to share your computer with others safely? Why not create a guest user account on your Windows 8 which only has limited permissions for infrequent users?
How to Create a Guest User Account on Windows 8
To create a guest user account on Windows 8:
1. Login Windows 8 with an administrator account which would have administrator privileges to create other user accounts.
2. Press Windows + C keys simultaneously or swipe the mouse cursor to the upper or lower right corner to bring out sidebar.
3. Click on Settings icon and then click on Change PC settings.
4. Click on Users item on the left.
5. Click on Add User option on the right under Other users, then you will be at Add a user screen.
There you can create a Microsoft account by entering an email address or click on Sign in without a Microsoft account link to create a local user account if you don’t want to create a Microsoft account. Here we take creating a local account for an example.
6. Click on Local account button to input information you want to use for the to-be-created local account like user name, password and password hint.
7. Click Next button to finish it.
8. Click Finish button when you can see the confirmation screen.