Forgot Windows 8 Admin password to your Acer laptop? Lost all administrative privileges to install desired programs, change basic settings whatsoever? This article gives you as many effective solutions as possible to deal with Windows 8 admin password forgetting problem on Acer laptop.
Reset Forgotten Windows 8 Administrator Password with Password Reset Disk Created Before
Precondition: You have created such Windows password reset disk before you forgot your Windows 8 administrator password.
First, Click OK when it prompts username or password is incorrect.
Then, you click Reset password link under the password box.
Next, you follow instructions step by step in Password Reset Wizard to reset a new password for your Windows 8 administrator password.
Reset Forgotten Windows 8 Administrator Password with Extra Administrator Account
Precondition: There are more than one administrator accounts created on your Acer laptop.
1. You click Switch User to login with another administrator account.
2. After you log in, right click on the Computer icon and select Manage item.
3. Expand Local Users and Groups and then Users folder right after.
4. Right click on the administrator account and select Set Password button.
5. Reset forgotten Windows 8 administrator password.
Remove Forgotten Windows 8 Administrator Password with Asunsoft Windows Password Geeker Advanced
Precondition: You have to use another accessible computer to get the full version of Asunsoft Windows Password Geeker Advanced.
Step 1: Download and install the full version of Asunsoft Windows Password Geeker Advanced on another computer.
Step 2: Run it and follow guide to create a password reset disk with USB flash drive or CD/DVD disk.
Step 3: Transfer the created password reset disk into locked Acer laptop and boot laptop from it. Details see How to boot computer from USB flash drive.
Step 4: Now, follow the instructions to remove forgotten Windows 8 administrator password step by step.
Reset Forgotten Windows 8 Administrator Password with Windows 8 Installation Disk
Another choice you have is to find out the installation disk with which you install your Windows 8. Well, with it, you won’t take the trouble to reinstall the system but to reset your forgotten Windows 8 administrator password. Feel fresh, right?
1. Insert your Windows 8 installation disk into your Acer laptop and set your Acer laptop boot from the installation CD/DVD from BIOS Setup Utility or Boot Menu.
2. When your Acer laptop successfully booted from the installation CD/DVD, you come to the Windows Setup screen selecting language and other options, here you press Shift + F10 keys directly to open Command Prompt window.
3. Type in the command: copy c:\windows\SYSTEM32\sethc.exe c:\ and press Enter key to copy sethc.exe file and move it from the directory c:\windows\system32 to directory c:\.
- If you get the error message that The system cannot find the specified path, try to replace “c” with “d” or other possible drive letters.
- Please notice that the word “SYSTEM” is capital sensitive, and just make sure it is the same with the title of the Command Prompt window.
4. Next type in the command: copy /y c:\windows\SYSTEM32\cmd.exe c:\windows\SYSTEM32\sethc.exe and press Enter key to replace the sethc.exe file with cmd.exe file.
5. Close the Command Prompt window and Windows Setup window to restart your Acer laptop.
6. When it restarts to Windows 8 log in screen, you press Shift key 5 times continuously and you should see the Command Prompt window again.
7. Type in the command: net user [username for your administrator account] [new password] and press Enter key to reset your Windows 8 administrator password.
For example, Asunsoft is the username for your administrator account, you type in net user Asunsoft 123456 to reset its password to 123456.
8. Now you close the Command Prompt window and log in to your administrator account with the newly reset password.
9. After you login again successfully, you have to do some restore. To move the original sethc.exe file back to the directory c:\windows\SYSTEM32 to replace the cmd.exe file with the command: copy/y c:\sethc.exe c:\windows\SYSTEM32\sethc.exe.
Whatever, select one most suitable and easy one according to your own situations.