Windows 8 is the latest Windows system received quite a lot attention. Many more users expect to experience it and give it a try. In this way, it is very risky that users might forget their Windows 8 password one day. Granted that you do forget your Windows 8 login password, there are ways to fix. However, you never have to try hard to find out those possible ways if you know the built-in feature of creating a Windows password reset disk, whose existence is to reset forgotten Windows password in case users may forget Windows password.
And here comes the question that unlike traditional Windows 7/Vista/XP system, Windows 8 has no Start button, so where can users to create a Windows 8 password reset disk? This tutorial aims at guiding you through how to create a Windows 8 password reset disk.
How to Create a Windows 8 Password Reset Disk
1. Log in to the target Windows 8 local user account that you want to create a password reset disk for, one Windows password reset disk is responsible to one user account.
Tip: If there are more than one user accounts, administrator account is recommended.
2. Press Win + F combination key to bring up Search box, here you choose Settings item.
3. You type in User Accounts to search for the results, generally the first one to choose in the results.
4. Click the item User Accounts to enter traditional Control Panel and navigate the User Accounts window. Here you select Create a password reset disk on the left pane.
5. Comes to the Forgotten Password Wizard window. Insert an available USB flash drive and click Next button to go on.
6. Choose your USB drive from the pull down list to confirm it as the right one and then click Next button again.
7. Type in your current user account password and click Next to go on.
8. Wait a short moment and when it prompts completed, click Finish button.
Tip: When you created one Windows 8 password reset disk, please keep it to a relatively safe place in case anyone else holding it can reset your Windows 8 password. Take it out when you forget your Windows 8 password accidentally.